What is VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) and What Can it Do for Your Business?
VoIP and IP telephony are becoming increasingly popular with large corporations and consumers alike. For many people, Internet Protocol (IP) is more than just a way to transport data, it's also a tool that simplifies and streamlines a wide range of business applications. Telephony is the most obvious example. VoIPor voice over IP is also the foundation for more advanced unified communications applications including Web and video conferencing that can transform the way you do business.
What is VoIP:
Understanding the terms is a first step toward learning the potential of this technology:
- VoIP refers to a way to carry phone calls over an IP data network, whether on the Internet or your own internal network. A primary attraction of VoIP is its ability to help reduce expenses because telephone calls travel over the data network rather than the phone company's network.
- IP telephony encompasses the full suite of VoIP enabled services including the interconnection of phones for communications; related services such as billing and dialing plans; and basic features such as conferencing, transfer, forward, and hold. These services might previously have been provided by a PBX.
- IP communications includes business applications that enhance communications to enable features such as unified messaging, integrated contact centers, and rich-media conferencing with voice, data, and video.
Public Internet phone calling uses the Internet for connecting phone calls, especially for consumers. But most businesses are using IP telephony across their own managed private networks because it allows them to better handle security and service quality. Using their own networks, companies have more control in ensuring that voice quality is as good as, if not better than, the services they would have previously experienced with their traditional phone system.
Contact Hayes for more information on VoIP services.
FoIP (Fax over Internet Protocol) Cloud faxing without compromise.
DOWNLOAD QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
WINDOWS INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Hayes is proud to introduce our FoIP Cloud Faxing – with our T.38 fax over IP server solutions we can give your business the leading edge of technology with secure, enterprise level faxing. Using our partner's XMediusFAX software, reinforced by 20 years of experience delivering FoIP solutions, XMediusFAX®, now brings you enterprise level faxing capability in the cloud. Cloud computing is no longer the future – it's already here. Everything from business communications to delivering powerful solutions for close collaboration can be delivered as a cloud-based service available wherever and whenever you require.
- Reduce operational and capital expenses
- Leverages your existing internet connection
- Pay only for required fax capacity
- No hardware or software investments
- Free up limited IT resources
- Service always available (no busy signals)
- 100% Secure hosting facility
- Secure transmission types (SSL, HTTPS)
- Unlimited fax capacity
- Unlimited user scalability
- Simplified integrations through web services
- Go live within days
- Works on mobile devices
- Access anytime and anywhere in the world
- Fax from within multiple document applications (SharePoint, Office, Outlook)
- Application faxing with Print Drivers
- Supports all major file types
- Broadcast faxing
- Scheduled faxing and auto retry attempts
- Fax notifications (successful and failed)
- Receive inbound faxes to email, desktop client, or Web client
- Searchable PDF feature
- OCR and bar code routing features
- Automatically route faxes to users, groups, and applications
- Fax delivery to remote printers (email & Google Cloud Printing)
- Real Time Fax Reports (Fax Logs)
- Audit trail of all fax activity
- Job Tracking (Advanced Reporting)
- Fax number porting
- Local numbers & Toll-free numbers
- Flexible fax retention packages
- Rapid cutover from existing fax server to the HayesFAX Cloud
- View fax usage (per period), view past invoices
- Create & invite Users, assign inbound fax numbers to Users
- Manage user groups (for user classification & billing purposes)
Contact Hayes for more information on FoIP services.